Monday, October 1, 2007

about me...

Hey,
This is Vicki, starting a new blog. Actually, I started it back in August, but I am redoing some things, so I'll paste the posts that I've already put in here, and then delete the old ones, cause there's some things I wanna change. Okay, now for the first post I put in here, that was about me... It's below.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

An Intro, to me...

This is a new blog for me. It's not the first one I've created, but I thought I'd start new here. Seeing this is my first post, and my house mate and friend is waiting to use the computer for his nightly zone chat, I shall make this one a short one.



I'll just tell a little about me in this first post. I'm 35, born on February 25th, 1972. I am 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and approximately 175 LBS. I am visually impaired, and am pretty much totally blind in the visually impaired category. I see light and shadows, but that's about it.



My interests include, the study of other cultures, Surfing the web, singing, reading, swimming, walking, history, and politics, watching pro Baseball and Football, and animals! My favorite area to learn about is the Middle East, but not limited to that. I just love history, and politics in general. Have since a fairly young age. I know for some it's boring, but it is necessary to run the world, however corrupt it may be, and I won't argue that it is very corrupt.



I have 3 cats. I have Tango, a black cat, and he is 5 this month. He came from a shelter, so not sure of the exact date. Sagwa, a Siamese, who is 4 this month, (also not sure of his exact birth date as he came from a shelter as well). Then the baby, and his name is Lucky, and he's multi colored. Lucky is 8 months old, and was born on December 2nd 2006. So he's the baby of the bunch. I rescued Lucky, and it was my first such experience with that particular way of obtaining a cat. I'll have to tell about that in a future post.



Oh, in the interest category, a summer show we're into, me and my house mate, a friend got us into it, it's called big brother. It's big brother 8 actually. It's on the CBS network. We didn't start watching it until BB 6 though. However, one of my favorite shows of all time is American Idol. That starts in January. My favorite of last season was Melinda Doolittle, however, the others in the final 3 with her, Blake Lewis, and Jordin Sparks (the winner) were my second faves. Hopefully Jordin, Blake, and Melinda all 3 will have prosperous careers.



I also love Baseball, and Football. I didn't when I was younger, but I really do now. Some friends helped me understand Football, and I've gotten more into Baseball as well in the last year. As Baseball is ongoing now, my team is the Detroit tigers! Go Tigers! They lost to the darn white sox tonight, grrrr! If the White sox can win it tomorrow, they'll sweep this particular series! No!!!! We shall see tomorrow. Go Tigers!



Well, I shall go for now. I want to add some links that are favorites of mine to the top of the blog template, but this may not happen for a while, as I have to work on the HTML code for that. I have it written down how to do it, but shall look at it some time soon, hopefully, God willing. This concludes my first post. Until Later…

Posted by Vicki at
6:53 PM

Okay, now onto a post I did after that one, and the last one in this particular blog. I have another blog that I plan to paste in here at some point, so all is not lost from that blog I had for like 2 years. Anyways, here is the last one I did in here for ya. I'm re putting these in here because I'm editing a bit from them. Well I was editing the first one, so maybe I won't. Perhaps I'll leave that one in here, and just make this one the second one. Lol, gotta change the subject in here. Lol.

Well, this concludes this post. I guess I'll make this one the second post. Here goes... Sending this one off...

No comments: