Friday, October 5, 2007

When Grandma dyed...

Grandpa dyed on may 4th of this year.  This is about when Grandma dyed.
 
When Grandpa dyed, mom, aunt Deany, and aunt Rose were with him.  He dyed at home with 3 out of his 4 children.  He got to dye the way he wished to dye, at home.  We were all very glad about that.  Mom was in the room with him when he dyed, cleaning.  Then Aunt Rose came in from another part of the house, and she realized he was gone.  He wanted so much to dye at home, and they made sure he did.  He had hospice the last few months.  I'll have to write more about that situation in here some time later on.  But for now, this is the post I wrote about when grandma dyed.
 
Oh, one more thing, my great nephew is Keegan Richard.  Ashley is due with another one in December.  That one is expected to be a girl.
 

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Grandma

 
Okay let's try this again lol.  I just tried this a few ago, and MS word decided it was going to give me trouble lol.

I have a lot to tell about.  So since Ash was the last subject I wrote about in here before I took my 4 month break from here, I shall start out with her.

Ash had her baby on October 16th!  She had a little baby boy!  So they were wrong. lol.  It turns out that about 2 weeks before the ultrasound the ultrasound technician said it was a boy, and that she could see that it was a boy.  My mom, and my brother-in-law's mom, and his sister didn't believe it.  They didn't think it looked like that at all.  However, that lady was correct.  He is a baby boy.

She named him Keegan, and this is awful, his middle name has escaped me.  I'll have to ask Beth or Ash again what he weighed at birth again.  I knew it, but am not sure of it now.

Grandpa Joe had to have his other big toe amputated last month.  He seems to be doing okay right now.  He's out of the hospital, and has been for a few weeks now, and Joe tells me he's doing well.

My grandma dyed on December 3 2006 at around 4:15 in the morning.  We had only known for a week and a half that she even had cancer.

Mom had gone down there to visit grandpa's cancer doctor in early November.  Every 6 months he has a checkup with that doctor, and mom has always gone down there and taken him to these appointments.

She came back after being down there for a week.  After being back for not even a week, she had to return.  She got back here on a Sunday, and by Friday she had to drive right back there.  Grandma was having really bad pain in her back.

At first they thought it was osteoporosis, but it turns out that it was cancer.  They had done a bone scan, and upon viewing that scan, they wanted to check for cancer.  Something like that anyways.

Mom told me the day before thanksgiving that she had cancer.  She had not told my grandparents yet, but she did that night.  I felt so bad for her!

Grandma dyed in the hospital.  She had wanted to dye at home, but God had other plans.  They put her in the hospital for pain management.  They were going to be bringing her home on the day she dyed.  She dyed early in the morning, and the plan was to bring her home sometime during that day.

Grandma took a sudden turn for the worst Saturday around 4 in the afternoon.  This is what I was told.  My brother called me and told me mom had called him crying, and hyperventilating.  He said she could hardly breath when she called him, and she said "rich we're losing her, we're losing her!"  Man I felt bad!

When I got off of the phone with Rich, I said to Greg "I feel sick."  I knew it wouldn't be long, I had that feeling ever since I heard      she was sick.

My aunt Deeny, Beth, and I drove down there starting at about noon that day.  It has been hard times here.

I feel so bad for mom.  She was her mom.  The grand kids will miss her, but she was the mother to my mom and aunts and uncle.  It must be awful for them.

Grandpa, well it must be even worse for him.  She has been his lifetime partner.  They were married for 58 years.  It would have been 59 had she lived until there anniversary on February 28th.

Grandma was Rosetta May Finley (maiden name Jackson).  She was 78 years old when she dyed.

Grandpa is 84, and he is not taking her death well at all.  He talks of giving up.  We're all really worried about him right now.

Well that's all for now.  I'm gonna get going.  We have our MT class at 10.  I woke up at a little before 7 and couldn't sleep.  I got to bed around 1:30.  If I need to I can take a nap later on.  I just don't see any reason to lay back down with class so soon.  I had thought I would check out the zone then go back to bed, but after being up a while, I began to think that is a bit of a stupid idea.  Well I will write more later on.    
 

No comments: